Basic Data Protection Information
Please contact us whenever you need to.
Novaluz Energia S.L.
Bulevar Principe Alfonso s/n
Hotel Marbella Club, oficina 10
TAX ID (CIF): B93661726
C/ Hilera 14,
Edif. Vertice 6a planta
Tel: +34 951 12 01 96
NOVALUZ ENERGIA, S.L. declares that it has adopted all the necessary and relevant security measures as established in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and Spanish Act 03/2018, and that it has established all technical methods within its means to avoid the loss, wrongful use, alteration, non-authorized access or theft of the data you may supply.
We would like to inform you about our data policy for your own security.
What are the main reasons for data processing?
To manage your registration as a user on the platforms. To manage the contracting of products and/or services. To send you commercial communications. To resolve any queries raised via the website.
What are the main legal bases?
Performance of the agreement. Consent. Legitimate interest. Compliance with legal obligations.
Who are the main recipients?
Banks and financial institutions. Service providers.
What rights do users enjoy?
Among others, the rights of access, correction, elimination, objection and data portability, the right to object to processing at any time for reasons relating to your personal circumstances, in the event that processing is based on the legitimate interests of both parties.
Where do we get your data from?
- The personal data that Novaluz Energia S.L. processes from its Customers are data that you provide voluntarily during the pre-contractual and contracting phases, along with any data that subsequently result from the contractual relationship, including the following categories of data: Identifying data; economic, financial and solvency data; data relating to personal characteristics and social circumstances; data on connection, geolocation and browsing (in the event that you interact with Novaluz Energia S.L. via the Website; and data on commercial information. In this regard, you are responsible for ensuring that your personal data are true, accurate and up-to-date, as well as for ensuring that all the documents that you submit to Novaluz Energia S.L. either belong to you or have been authorised for forwarding to Novaluz Energia S.L. If you do not complete all the fields that are marked as compulsory on the different contractual forms, you may not be allowed to contract the products or services requested.
- Novaluz Energia S.L. will not process special categories of personal data (sensitive data). In order to be able to manage its contractual and pre-contractual relations, Novaluz Energia S.L. may obtain information relating to your SIPS (System for the exchange of natural gas and electricity supply points) from the Distribution Companies, the CNMC (Spanish National Commission on Markets and Competition) and public access sources such as the INE (Spanish National Statistics Office).
- Third Party Personal Data: In the event that the personal data supplied during the pre-contractual and contracting phases, along with any data that subsequently result from the contractual relationship, belong to a third party, you hereby undertake that you have informed that third party about this Privacy and Data Protection Policy and have obtained authorisation for their data to be submitted to Novaluz Energia S.L. for the purposes indicated. You also undertake that the data supplied are true, accurate and up-to-date, and you assume liability for any harm or damage, whether direct or indirect, that may be caused as a consequence of a breach of this obligation.
Why do we process your personal data?
Novaluz Energia S.L. will process users’ data either manually or by computer for the following specific purposes:
- To manage your registration as a user on the on-line platforms owned by Novaluz Energia S.L. (novaluz.com or a different domain landing page). However, in any case, users must verify and validate their registration on each of the platforms by entering their user name and password in the consent box.
- To manage the contracting of products and/or services that you make via the website, along with the relevant invoicing and transport services.
- To respond to any questions or queries raised on the com website
- To send you regular communications (via email, ordinary mail and/or SMS) containing offers, promotions and news relating to our on-line platforms, unless you indicate otherwise, or object, or withdraw your consent.
- To send you regular commercial and/or promotional information about products related to the electricity supply sector, along with value-added information for end users, unless you indicate otherwise, or object, or withdraw your consent.
- Compliance with accounting, legal, tax-related and administrative obligations: Novaluz Energia S.L. will process your data with the aim of complying with all the accounting, legal, tax-related and administrative obligations associated with its contractual relations.
- Energy poverty programmes: Novaluz Energia S.L. has entered into agreements with several public bodies with the aim of supplying energy to vulnerable customers in certain cases of energy poverty.
- Donation programmes: Novaluz Energia S.L. has entered into agreements with several non-profit organisations with the aim of offering you the opportunity to participate in donation programmes.
- Essential supplies: Novaluz Energia S.L. may process your especially protected personal data for the purposes of justifying a continued supply even in the case of defaulted payment, where there is a situation of medical emergency such as the need to maintain oxygen concentrators or other similar machines.
- Automated personalised decisions, including the creation of profiles: Whenever you have given your consent, and with the aim of offering you the best solutions and services that match your profile at all times (even once the contractual relationship has ended), Novaluz Energia S.L. may process your data using automation in order to make individual decisions, including the creation of profiles, which may give rise to legal effects or significantly affect you in other similar ways, such as, for example, browsing cookie data, browsing history and statistics, and data which may be obtained from other information sources (public records and the social networks), in order to keep you informed regarding activities, promotions, prize draws and news about Novaluz Energia S.L.’s products and services that could be of interest to you. This information may be passed on via any communications channel (telephone, the social networks, ordinary mail, email or any other equivalent medium).
- Forwarding of your data in order to send you information on activities, promotions, prize draws and news about the products and services of Novaluz Energia S.L. and its Collaborators: Whenever you have given your consent, and with the aim of offering you the best solutions and services that match your profile at all times (even once the contractual relationship has ended), Novaluz Energia S.L. shall forward your data in order to keep you informed, via any communications channel (telephone, the social networks, ordinary mail, email or any other equivalent medium) regarding activities, promotions, prize draws and news about the Company’s products and services.
- To prepare anonymised statistical reports on access habits and the activities engaged in by users on the Website.
- To prepare a commercial profile for each user and engage in commercial activities that match that profile, using data resulting from the management of any products acquired (browsing data, access habits, traffic), unless the user objects or withdraws his or her consent.
- To comply with the obligations set out in law.
What kinds of data do we process?
Novaluz Energia S.L. processes the following types of data:
- Identifying data: full name, identity document, postal address, email address, etc.
- Personal data: (date of birth, gender, etc.).
- Traffic and geolocation data.
- Electronic communications metadata.
- Commercial information data.
- Economic or financial data.
- Registration of consumables to optimise their supply.
It is mandatory to provide the information marked with an asterisk (*) on the forms provided by Novaluz Energia S.L. via its on-line platform in order to comply with the contractual or legal aim established.
Therefore, if you fail to supply this information, it will not be possible for you to register with the Website and we will not be able to attend to your request.
In the event that you provide us with third party data, you hereby state that you have obtained consent from the third party in question and you undertake to pass the information contained in this clause on to that third party, holding Novaluz Energia S.L. harmless from any liability in this regard. However, Novaluz Energia S.L. may carry out checks to confirm this fact, adopting the corresponding due diligence measures, in accordance with the data protection regulations.
On what basis do we have the right to process your personal data?
The right of Novaluz Energia S.L. to process a user’s personal data in order to register the user on its various websites is based on the consent of the data subject, which is sought in each individual case.
In addition, it has the right to manage the contracting of products and services via the Websites and to engage in the relevant invoicing and despatch activities under the terms of its implementation of the agreement.
It has the right to process any data supplied via the “Contact us” section on the website as the result of its resolution of an enquiry raised by the user.
The right to process data for the purposes of publishing electronic newsletters containing offers, promotions and news relating to our on-line platforms, commercial and/or promotional information, and for the purposes of preparing anonymised statistical reports on access habits and the activities engaged in by users on the Website, along with commercial profiles using data resulting from the management products and services contracted with Novaluz Energia S.L., is based on the Company’s legitimate interest in processing such data in accordance with the regulations in force.
Consent is obtained independently for each of the aforementioned purposes, and you may therefore withdraw your consent for one or more of these items without affecting the others.
Information on users may also be used to ensure compliance by Novaluz Energia S.L. with its different legal obligations.
Who will receive your personal data?
Your personal data may be forwarded by Novaluz Energia S.L. to:
- The electricity distributor that provides a technical service at your point of supply, solely in order to allow it to perform the duties inherent in the distribution of electricity, so it may comply with the legal obligations by which it is bound and provide you with the best possible service.
- Banks and financial institutions in order to charge you for the services offered.
For how long will we retain your personal data?
Your data will be retained for the amount of time required to complete the tasks for which it was collected, unless you ask to be unsubscribed from Novaluz Energia S.L., or object or withdraw your consent. Nevertheless, this period may be extended if you give your express authorisation or if there are individual processes arising from the contractual relationship that remain valid after the end of this period.
What rights do you have with regard to the processing of your data?
As the owner of the data, you may write to Novaluz Energia S.L., email email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of any document that provides proof of your identity, in order to exercise the following rights, at any time and free of charge:
- To withdraw the consent you have given.
- To obtain confirmation as to whether or not Novaluz Energia S.L. is processing personal data that affect you.
- To gain access to your own personal data.
- To correct any inaccurate or incomplete data.
- To ask for your data to be deleted when, among other reasons, your data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- To require Novaluz Energia S.L. to limit its processing of your data when any of the conditions provided for in the data protection regulations are met.
- Under certain circumstances, and for reasons relating to your own individual situation, you may object to the processing of your data. Novaluz Energia S.L. shall then cease processing the data, unless this is necessary for legitimate mandatory ends or for the exercise or defence of any potential claims.
- To obtain human intervention, to state your own point of view and to challenge any automated decisions adopted by Novaluz Energia S.L., where applicable.
- To request the portability of your data.
- To submit a claim to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) when you believe that Novaluz Energia S.L. has infringed the rights you are afforded under the regulations governing data protection.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may contact Novaluz Energia S.L.’s data protection officer, submitting a written request to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of any document that provides proof of your identity and setting out the right or rights you wish to exercise, in the terms established in the regulations in force.
Where have data come from if they have not been provided by the owner of the data him or herself?
In addition to the data that you provide directly (e.g. using forms, etc.), we obtain data on your browsing habits in the event that you give us your consent.
In the event that the data provided refer to individuals other than the owner of the data in question, the data owner will have informed and obtained consent from these individuals for their data to be processed, pursuant to the conditions set out in the clauses contained herein. In the specific case of minors, if the data subject is not the minor’s legal representative, he or she undertakes to obtain the express consent of this representative.
What security measures do we implement to safeguard your data?
Novaluz Energia S.L. will process your data at all times in absolute confidence, maintaining the necessary duty of secrecy in respect thereof, pursuant to the provisions of the applicable legislation. It will also implement the technical and organizational measures required in order to guarantee the security of your data and prevent their alteration or loss or any unauthorized processing or access, bearing in mind the technological state of the art, the nature of the data being held and the risk to which they are exposed.
Last updated: 15 March 2019 © 2019. Novaluz Energia S.L. All rights reserved.